6th International Conference Plagiarism Across Europe and Beyond 2020
The 2020 theme has been chosen in line with Dubai’s Happiness Agenda: Integrity in education for future happiness
At the European Network for Academic Integrity’s Annual General Meeting (2018), the University of Wollongong in Dubai won the bid to organise the 6th International Conference Plagiarism across Europe and Beyond Conference 2020.
Academic Integrity is the foundation on which all of academia stands. It is in schools, classrooms, in corridors and canteens that students, the future citizens of the world, gather an understanding of what is right and what is wrong, what is meant by integrity, being truthful, responsible, and respectful. It is here that they develop honesty and fairness and take those values into the real world and as members of the greater community, practicing these skills in their everyday lives and at their workplaces.
Ensuring and upholding integrity in education provides for a sustainable, constructive future – a platform that fosters, encourages and celebrates innovation and contributes to happy individuals, happy workplaces and a happy society.
Sub Themes – Integrity in Academia and Beyond
- Integrity from Cradle to Workplace and Beyond
- Recognising and Nurturing a Culture of Integrity through Innovation
- Combating Rising Threats from Essay Mills and Contract Cheating
- Government and Policy Roles in Encouraging Integrity
- Research Students and Integrity
- Integrity, Sustainability and Well-being
General Conference Committee Members
- Dr Zeenath Reza Khan – University of Wollongong in Dubai (Chair – Organising Committee)
- Dr Sabiha Mumtaz – University of Wollongong in Dubai (Co-Chair – Organising Committee)
- Dr Christopher Hill – British University in Dubai (Chair – Technical Committee)
- Ing Veronika Kralikova, Mendel University (Conference Secretary – International)
- Salma Rakhman, University of Wollongong in Dubai (Conference Secretary – Local)
- Priyanka Hemnani, University of Wollongong in Dubai (Communication Officer)
- Jefin Joshy, University of Wollongong in Dubai (Media Officer)
- Dr Ing Pavel Turcinek, Mendel University (Web Chair)
Confirmed Key Note Speakers
- Dr Tracey Bretag
- Dr Thomas Lancaster
- Dr Teddi Fishman
- Dr Tomas Foltynek
Abstract Submision and Feedback
- Extended-Abstract Submission Deadline (First Round): 31 August 2019
- Extended-Abstract Review Feedback (First Round): 31 October 2019
- Extended-Abstract Submission Deadline (Second Round): 20 November 2019
- Extended-Abstract Review Feedback (Second Round): 5 January 2020
- Final Edited Extended-Abstract Submission: 31 January 2020
Full Paper Submission and Feedback
- Full Paper Submission for ALL accepted abstracts: 28 February 2020
- Review Feedback for Full Papers : 31 March 2020
- Final Edited Full Paper Submission: 30 June 2020
- Registration and Payment Deadline: 1 March 2020
- Conference: 17–19 April 2020
The conference welcomes two types of submissions:
- Extended Abstracts for regular presentations and/or
- Extended Abstract to host a workshop
A double-blind peer-review process will be applied to every submission. Our Scientific Board will review the submissions and provide valuable feedback and decision regarding acceptance status.
All accepted extended-abstracts will be published in the conference e-proceedings.
We invite all authors of accepted extended-abstracts to submit a Full Paper. Best Full Papers will be considered for publication after review in the following journal:
International Journal for Educational Integrity (BMC, SpringerNature) [IJEI]
IJEI is a refereed, international journal publishing high calibre research articles in the area of academic inetgrity. The journal provides high visibility with its open access policy, press coverage, and inclusion in :
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI) – Clarivate
- Australian Education Index
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO Education Research Complete
- EBSCO Education Source
- EBSCO TOC Premier
- ERIH PLUS
- Summon by ProQuest
- The Philosopher’s Index
Format for Extended Abstract Submission, Full Paper Submission, Presentation and Workshop
Dubai is one of the safest, vibrant, modern metropolitan city with a futuristic outlook that is progressive, smart and inclusive. It has positioned itself as an international hub for innovation and sustainability, not only welcoming the Fourth Industrial Revolution, but embracing it alongside being environmentally friendly and focusing on Happiness for all. At the heart of Dubai’s passion is its perseverance to become a leader in tourism, economy, fashion and much more.
The UAE strategic vision 2021 aims at establishing “first rate educational system” in the country (UAE Vision 2021, 2014). Key focus has also been given to Education under Expo2020’s Opportunity theme. As a result, UAE is widely recognised as an educational hub hosting various prestigious national and international universities, accredited by international certification bodies and the UAE Commission for Academic Accreditation, making the educational field in the UAE diverse and different.
In order to create a truly world-class education system, it is critical to focus on academic integrity which is vital to assessment practices. With one international conference focusing on academic integrity, and a handful of research in the area focusing on local and regional studies, hosting the ENAI 2020 conference in Dubai will pave the way for dialogue among all stakeholders on the importance of and the need for more research in this area. This will benefit Dubai and the UAE tremendously, particularly its growing education sector, bringing to the forefront the need to focus on academic integrity as a vital foundation to academia.
About the University of Wollongong in Dubai
The University of Wollongong in Dubai (UOWD) is one of the UAE’s oldest and most prestigious universities. Established in 1993 by the University of Wollongong in Australia – currently ranked in the top 2% of universities in the world (QS World University Rankings 2019) – UOW in Dubai represents a pioneering Australian initiative in the Gulf region.
With Passion and Exceptional Collaboration, through Integrity and Courage, UOWD has already positioned itself, not only in the country but in the region, as a leader in researching, collaborating and initiating conversation surrounding issues relating to academic dishonesty.
With progressive, inclusive policy review, procedural innovations and evolutions, UOWD is constantly striving to achieve benchmarks in the industry in all areas of education, particularly making it a pioneer in leading the region in its academic integrity efforts, research and dissemination.
For more information or to sponsor the conference, contact
Email: PAEB2020@uowdubai.ac.ae | Office 322 Block 14 Knowledge Park | PO Box 20183 | Dubai UAE