The international conference Plagiarism Across Europe and Beyond aims to be a forum for sharing best practices and experiences by addressing issues of academic integrity and business ethics as well as contributing to relevant managerial solutions. The conference brings together several prominent names in the field of academic integrity and business ethics from all over the world. With regards to the crucial role of ethics and honesty in academic work and workplace, universities and business sector are in need of more effective policies against diverse misbehavior.
Plagiarism Across Europe and Beyond is jointly organized by Mykolas Romeris University, Mendel University in Brno, and the European Network for Academic Integrity and is co-funded by the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union.
Regular (oral) conference presentations and workshops are welcome in the following topics related to (but not limited to) an education, research and scholarship setting:
- Making an effective university ethics infrastructure (including research and development on how to address honest errors)
- Teaching effective strategies to encourage academic integrity and prevent academic misconduct
- Ethical issues in business and their influence on academia
- Ethical issues in academia and their influence on business
- Challenges in research integrity (including identifying and eliminating or reducing questionable research practices, role of publishers in enforcing ethics)
- Addressing contract cheating (including legal practices)
- International and national projects related to academic and research integrity
- Using e-tools and technologies for addressing academic misconduct
- Ethical leadership in academia and society
- Social responsibility within and beyond academia
- Sustainable high education and higher education
- Ethics in humanities and social research
- Linkage between academic and professional ethics
- Ethics in cross-sector collaboration
- Ethical concerns in citizen science
General instruction for Authors
In order to make a submission you have to Register. After registering you can fully manage your submission and registration processes.
Types of submission
There are two types of abstract (both not less than 1000 words and not more than 1500 words) submission and participation in the conference:
- Extended abstract for a Regular conference presentation
- Extended abstract for a Workshop
Conference Scientific Board will review all extended abstracts and provide a final decision about acceptance / rejection.
Regular conference presentation: an oral presentation in a concurrent conference session. Duration of a presentation: max 20 minutes for presentation + 5 minutes for Q&A.
Workshop: a 60 minutes length session that involves participants in presentation by bridging theory and practice through hands-on activities.
Any participant can submit up to two regular presentations as speakers or one workshop as convenor.
All accepted extended abstracts will be published in the conference e-proceedings.
We provide an opportunity to submit conference full papers. An author of accepted extended abstract can submit a Full paper to be selected for publication in one of the following journals:
The Journal of Academic Ethics (JAE) is an interdisciplinary, peer reviewed journal devoted to the examination of ethical issues that arise in all aspects of post-secondary education, primarily within a university context. Providing a forum for the publication and discussion of original research, the journal examines ethical concerns in research, teaching, administration, and governance. Moreover, in response to the rapidly changing global knowledge economy, the journal offers sustained inquiry into the values, purposes, and functions of the world’s principal institutions responsible for the creation and dissemination of knowledge.
JAE is abstracted / indexed in SCOPUS, Google Scholar, Academic OneFile, CNKI, Current Abstracts, EBSCO Book Review Digest Plus (H.W. Wilson) , EBSCO Education Research Complete, EBSCO Education Source, EBSCO OmniFile Full Text (H.W. Wilson), EBSCO TOC Premier, Emerging Sources Citation Index, ERIH PLUS, Ethicsweb, Expanded Academic, Gale, OCLC, ProQuest Central, ProQuest Education Database, ProQuest Research Library, ProQuest Social Science Collection, Summon by ProQuest, The Philosopher’s Index, Wilson Education Abstracts.
Journal of Management and Change (JMC), earlier called as EBS Review, is a peer-reviewed scholarly journal that has been published since the spring of 1995. It covers the areas of business and social science such as management, leadership, organisational change, corporate governance, business ethics, corporate responsibility, sustainability, economics, finance, accounting, banking, human resources management, marketing, international business, entrepreneurship development, international relations, law, development studies, cross-cultural studies, public administration, women studies, education and so on.
JMS is indexed with and included in EBSCO databases, and according to ETIS its publication category is 1.2.
All papers will be subject to double-blind review and only the selected full papers will be invited for further consideration for publishing.
Would you have any questions, please, contact via e-mail email@example.com.