The 2020 theme has been chosen in line with Dubai’s Happiness Agenda: Integrity in education for future happiness
At the European Network for Academic Integrity’s Annual General Meeting (2018), the University of Wollongong in Dubai won the bid to organise the 6th International Conference Plagiarism across Europe and Beyond Conference 2020.
Academic Integrity is the foundation on which all of academia stands. It is in schools, classrooms, in corridors and canteens that students, the future citizens of the world, gather an understanding of what is right and what is wrong, what is meant by integrity, being truthful, responsible, and respectful. It is here that they develop honesty and fairness and take those values into the real world and as members of the greater community, practicing these skills in their everyday lives and at their workplaces.
Ensuring and upholding integrity in education provides for a sustainable, constructive future – a platform that fosters, encourages and celebrates innovation and contributes to happy individuals, happy workplaces and a happy society.
Sub Themes – Integrity in Academia and Beyond
- Integrity from Cradle to Workplace and Beyond
- Recognising and Nurturing a Culture of Integrity through Innovation
- Combating Rising Threats from Essay Mills and Contract Cheating
- Government and Policy Roles in Encouraging Integrity
- Research Students and Integrity
- Integrity, Sustainability and Well-being
Abstract Submision and Feedback
Extended-Abstract (EA) Submission Deadline (First Round): 31 August 2019 Review Feedback for EA submitted by 31 August 2019 (First Round): 31 October 2019
- EA Submission Deadline: 20 November 2019
- EA Review Feedback: 5 January 2020
- Final Edited EA Submission: 31 January 2020
Full Paper Submission and Feedback
- Full Paper Submission for ALL accepted EAs: 28 February 2020
- Review Feedback for Full Papers : 31 March 2020
- Final Edited Full Paper Submission: 30 June 2020
- Registration and Payment Deadline: 1 March 2020
- Conference: 17–19 April 2020
The conference welcomes two types of submissions:
- Extended Abstracts (EA) for regular presentations and/or
- Extended Abstract (EA) to host a workshop
A double-blind peer-review process will be applied to every submission. Our Scientific Board will review the submissions and provide valuable feedback and decision regarding acceptance status.
For the review process please use these templates for an extended abstract and a full paper. These templates do not include information about authors. When your contribution is accepted we will kindly ask you to use a final extended Abstract and a final full paper template respectively.
Full Paper Submission and Publication Opportunities
All accepted EAs (regular or virtual presentation) will be published in the conference e-proceedings.
Authors of accepted EAs will have the opportunity to submit full papers to be considered for two Best Paper Awards. Winning paper authors will receive a copy of the coveted Handbook of Academic Integrity (courtesy Springer) and the possibility of publication in the supporting journal with author processing fee-waiver, the International Journal for Educational Integrity (IJEI) (BMC, Springer Nature). The IJEI is indexed in Scopus, Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI) – Clarivate, Australian Education Index, CNKI, DOAJ, EBSCO Discovery Service, EBSCO Education Research Complete, EBSCO Education Source, EBSCO TOC Premier, ERIH PLUS, OCLC, Summon by ProQuest, The Philosopher’s Index.
Format for Extended Abstracts, Full Papers, Presentations and Workshops
- For Review (extended abstract and full paper)
Anonimized extended abstract
Anonymized full paper for accepted abstracts
These templates do not include information about authors.
- Final Submission (extended abstract and full paper)
Final extended Abstract
Final full paper template
- Presentation Modes – regular or virtual
In addition to regular (in person/oral) presentations for participants with accepted EAs, PAEB2020 is pleased to offer virtual (online) presentation mode for those participants with accepted EAs who are unable to attend the conference. Registration will be expected for both modes of presentation.
- Presentation template (for accepted EAs)
- Workshop template (for accepted EAs)
For further details or clarification, please, contact via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org