The European Conference on Academic Integrity and Plagiarism 2022 with the main theme “Ethics and integrity in the changing world” took place in Porto, Portugal from 4th to 6th May 2022. Due to the current COVID-19 situation, the event ran in a hybrid regime (face-to-face and online).
The conference was jointly organised by ENAI and the Faculty of Medicine, University of Porto (FMUP).
Conference Materials for Download
Faculty of Medicine, University of Porto (FMUP), Medical Research Centre Auditorium
Rua Doutor Plácido da Costa | 4200-450 Porto | Portugal
Google Maps location: https://bit.ly/ECAIP2022_Venue
- Academic integrity policies in a changing society
- Institutional requirements and processes: Intended and actual effects
- Continuing professional development and academic integrity
- Academic integrity and cultural differences
- Academic Integrity as embedded practice in teaching and curricular development
- Contract cheating
- Publishing and dissemination
- Best practices in responding to misconduct
- Support for misconduct victims
- Tools for misconduct detection
- Research in academic integrity
- Research and public trust
Ana Marušić is Professor of Anatomy and Chair of the Department of Research in Biomedicine and Health at the School of Medicine of the University of Split in Croatia. She is President of The Embassy of Good Scienceand Co-editor in Chief of the Journal of Global Health. She is the founder of the Cochrane Croatia and has been involved on the EQUATOR (Enhancing the QUality And Transparency Of Health Research) Network. Her research interests include peer review, research integrity, research quality, and transparency.
Ana Marušić is PhD and MD in Medicine. She received the Meritorious Award from the Council of Science Editors (CSE) in 2016.
Daniele Fanelli is Fellow in Quantitative Methodology at the Department of Methodology of the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE). He is member of the Research Integrity Committee of the Luxembourg Agency for Research Integrity (LARI) and a member of the Ethics and Bioethics Committee of Italy’s National Research Council. He has been involved in the study of the nature of science itself (meta-science or meta-research), and interested in assessing and explaining the prevalence, causes and solutions to problems that may affect research and publication practices, across the natural and social sciences.
Daniele Fanelli is PhD in Behavioural Ecology and graduated in Natural Sciences. He worked at the University of Edinburgh as a Marie-Curie fellow and as a Leverhulme Early-Career fellow. Daniele Fanelli also joined the University of Montreal in Canada as Visiting Professor, and the Stanford University (USA) as Senior Scientist of the Meta-Research Innovation Center (METRICS).
Elisabeth Bik is a Science Consultant on the Microbiome and Science Integrity fields. She received the Peter Wildy Prize, the Ockham Award, and more recently the John Maddox Prize for her remarkable work in research integrity exposing cases of scientific misconduct and detecting image manipulation in scientific publications.
Elisabeth Bik has a PhD in Molecular Biology and Microbiology. Her past research experience includes a position as a Research Associate at the Stanford University, Molecular Biologist at the St. Antonius Hospital Nieuwegein, and a Postdoctoral position at the University of Utrecht. She worked as Director of Science at Astarte Medical and as Science Editor and Scientific and Editorial Director at uBiome.
Teddi Fishman is an Educator, Manager, Higher Education Consultant, and the former Director of the International Center for Academic Integrity (ICAI). Her academic and research interests include International Education, Educational Reform, Faculty Development, Academic Integrity, Plagiarism, Ethics Across the Curriculum, Professional Writing, Professional Communication, Online Learning, Political and Social Rhetoric, Distance Education, Assessment and Curriculum Reform.
Teddi Fishman has a PhD in Rhetoric and Composition. She was a Program Director and Associate Professor at the American Public University. She integrated the EMRGE Project: Ethics in Medical Research and Genetic Engineering (2009 – 2010). Teddi Fishman was Clemson University’s nominee for the Ernest L. Boyer International Award for Excellence in Teaching, Learning, and Technology (2007), and received the Teaching Innovation Endowment Award (2005) and The Tracey Bretag ENAI Memorial Award (2021).
- Luso-American Development Foundation (FLAD)
- Faculty of Medicine of University of Porto, University of Porto / Santander Universidade
Types of submissions
- Presentation without full paper
- Presentation with full paper (papers to be submitted after the conference)
- Poster or infographics
The abstracts (500-1000 words excluding references) must be written in English. All presentations must be given in English. Accepted abstracts and full papers presented at the conference will undergo double blind peer review.
Dissemination of abstracts and full papers
Accepted abstracts will be bundled in a digital abstract book and posted on the conference website. After the conference, the abstract book will remain available on the ENAI website.
Details of publication of full papers will be announced soon.
- Standard Participant – 300€
- ENAI/ICAI Participant – 200€
- Student Participant – 150€
- ENAI/ICAI Student Participant – 100€
- Virtual Standard Participant – 150€
- Virtual ENAI/ICAI Participant – 100€
- Virtual Student Participant – 75€
- Virtual ENAI/ICAI Student Participant – 50€
Note: All U.Porto participants are ENAI members.
The registration fee includes:
- Access to the scientific event and participant conference bag
- Lunches and coffee breaks
- Welcome reception
- Gala dinner
- Social programme (visit to a Port Wine Cellar with Port wine tasting, and Fado performance)
Terms and conditions:
- All participants must complete registration with payment before the deadline. Delegate registration is not considered complete till full payment is received. Upon receipt of payment invitation letters/acceptance letters will be provided (if required).
- Registration fees do not include any type of insurance, accommodation, or travel.
- Receipts will be provided in person or after the conference by email.
- All sessions will be transmitted in streaming. Photography and videos will be made during the conference for promotional purposes.
- All fees are non-refundable after 8th April, 2022. Conference reserves the right to cancel the face-to-face event if force majeure conditions warrant. Under such circumstances, registration fees will be transferred for virtual registrations and the remaining will be returned. Exceptional cases should be reported to the Conference Organizing Committee. Conference is not responsible for any accommodation or travel arrangements delegates may have made and incurred due to such cancellation.
Sandra F. Gomes (FMUP, Porto)
Ana Cristina Veríssimo (FMUP, Porto)
We look forward to seeing you at ECAIP 2022 – whether in person or online!